ByAnnie’s two-yard packages of fold-over elastic. 20mm wide, nylon. Available in 14 terrific colors.
We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags.
Not working with mesh? Fold-over elastic is perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit. It also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit your special baby.
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand. Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.
Care and instructions:
Machine wash warm, do not bleach. Tumble dry at medium heat.
Matches well with ByAnnie’s Handbag Zipper colors and ByAnnie’s Lightweight Mesh.