The Farmer’s Wife book by Laurie Aaron Hird compiles a collection of letters written by Farmer’s Wives in the 1920s answering the question – “If you had a daughter of a marriageable age, would you, in the light of your own experience, want her to marry a farmer?” Each letter inspires a classic 6″ Quilt Block…and now you can easily English Paper Piece (EPP) each of the (111) blocks to make a Queen-sized quilt!
Items you will need to complete your Quilt:
- The Farmer’s Wife Book – will be necessary to complete your quilt, as all the directions for piecing and completing the quilt are in the book. £28.00
- Acrylic Fabric Cutting Templates Complete Set (optional), 3/8″ seam allowance – 104 pieces, includes all the shapes used in the quilt blocks £240.00
- Acrylic Fabric Cutting Templates Basic Set (optional), 32 pieces, includes all shapes used 10+ times, 3/8″ seam allowance £80.00
- The Paper Piece Pack Complete Set contains papers for all 111 blocks of the Farmer’s Wife Quilt. You will also need the Farmer’s Wife Book for the instructions. £190.00
- Don’t want to purchase all 111 blocks at once? You can purchase each of the nine individual Paper Piece Packs as you need them. You will need all nine packs plus the Farmer’s Wife Book to complete the Queen-sized quilt. Each pack is £25.00