Tired of struggling to get your large quilts through your small machine? Bring them to us instead for longarm quilting! We now offer edge to edge longarm quilting services on our HandiQuilter machine.
Ring us on 01253 370190, email us at [email protected], or come into the shop to discuss your requirements. We accept quilts by post or dropped in to us. If you are posting your quilt we strongly advise using a tracked service and letting us know you have shipped it so we can keep an eye out for it. We have a wide variety of batting and widebacks available if required.
Browse through our available patterns in the booklets below.
Longarm Prices for Edge to Edge Quilting
Size of Quilt (inches)
Up to 40 x 50
Up to 60 x 70
Up to 70 x 90
Up to 80 x 95
Up to 90 x 100
Up to 110 x 110
Up to 120 x 120
Preparing Your Quilt
To get the best out of a longarming service, please make sure you do the following before submitting your quilt top:
- If your quilt has piecing out to the edges (rather than a border), stay stitch the edges of your quilt about 1/8″ from the edge to ensure no seams pop open as we are working on your quilt.
- Press your quilt top and backing (if provided) so all seams lie flat.
- Trim stray threads from the quilt top, especially where there are dark threads underneath light fabrics as these will show through if left in place.
- Make sure that your backing and batting (if you are providing these) are at least 4 inches wider than your quilt top on ALL sides (so 8 inches wider and 8 inches longer than your quilt top in total).
- If you are sending in your quilt rather than bringing it into us in person, please mark the top edge of the quilt in some way (safety pin or note pinned on).