A quilter’s dream fabric! This fabric takes dye as if it were mercerized (it’s not!). For the quality of dyeing, the strength, nice weight and softness, it is a great value!
- 100% cotton
- 4.4 oz. per square yard, 45″ wide
- Thread count is 60 threads per inch x 60 threads per inch
- Dyes amazingly with Fiber Reactive Dyes
- Suggested usage; for quilting, shirting, blouses, dresses, children’s clothing etc.
- This shrinks 3% in Length and 5% in Width (approximately – see NOTE* below)
- Fabric has a soft luscious feel and smooth surface
- Machine wash in any temperature water
Shrinkage is a factor in planning how much fabric you need for a project. To help you, this fabric has been measured for length and width, washed in a machine with very hot water, dried in a dryer set on very hot setting, and then measured again. Then the % shrinkage in length and width has been calculated and we are reporting to you.
Please be absolutely clear! We think it’s the worst case scenario. This is only the tester’s experience and yours will vary.
Please do not take this as some sort of guarantee about how much the fabric will or will not shrink in your circumstances.
Most fabric shrinks when washed and dried, especially undyed fabrics. Fabrics that go through a dyeing process will also go through a shrinkage process. Dyed fabrics that you would normally purchase in a fabric store have already gone through a dyeing process and therefore have gone through a preliminary shrinkage process. So when you buy undyed fabric, you’re buying fabric that has never been shrunk.