This large bar shaped bag closure sits on the finished edge of the front flap or closure strap of your bag or wallet. This statement piece is professional quality, and very easy to install! The word “handmade” is inscribed on the front in lettering that matches Emmaline’s “handmade” style zipper pulls and bag labels.
For fabric bags, we recommend a strong layer of bag stabilizer, such as Peltex, Timtex, or Fast2Fuse inside the area where these attach for durability. If you are using leather or vinyl, that may not be necessary!
- Width: 2 1/8″ (5.5 cm)
- Overall Height when closed: 1″ (2.5 cm)
- Channel Opening: 3/16″ (4 mm) (Thickness of bag flap or closure strap)
- Use clear drying fast grab glue such as Beacon 3-in-1, E-6000, Quick Grip, or Gutterman glue in the channel so the lock stays in place.
- Slide the top of the Bar Lock over the finished edge of a bag flap or strap closure and use an awl or seam ripper to poke holes in the fabric or leather for the screws to start into.
- Use a mini screw driver to screw in the 3 provided screws.
- Simply attach the catch part, or bottom half, on the bag front using the provided washer, using the same technique as you would for any magnetic snap, but make sure you bend the prongs toward the CENTER of the lock.